Mr. Abiola Lawal, CEO, FlyBoku.COM
Posted by Sade Williams
Felabration Organizing Committee has announced FLYBOKU as the “Exclusive Tourism Partner for Felabration 2018”.
This was recently announced by the Founder/CEO of the Felabration Brand, Ms Yeni Kuti, represented by the Project Manager for Felabration 2018 Mr Peter Clarke during a round table meeting between the two organizations.
Both FlyBoku and Felabration team have been working together to ensure a great Felabration tours experience for all guests.
As part of this year’s edition of Felabration, the committee also emphasized that in celebrating the Afrobeat icon Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s 80th posthumous birthday an exclusive tour will be dedicated to exploring the life and history of Fela.
These tours will be handled by FlyBoku and the Tour includes:
- Tour to Freedom park which is the historical prison where all the notable leaders of Nigeria were imprisoned and the history of Nigeria
- Tour to Kalakuta republic which was Fela’s personal house before he died which is also now a museum show casing all of the icon’s history and musical instruments as they were when he died
- The Ransom-Kuti family house in Abeokuta which has now become a museum showing all the works of all the Kuti children including Fela’s history as well.
- The Africa Shrine which the headquarters of most of Fela’s performances
The Felabration 2018 which is commencing on the 15th of October ends on the 21st of October, 2018.
Programmes for the week long events will include:
- Symposium themed ‘African Leadership in the Millennium’ with notable speakers across the government.
- Musical concert with star performance by Yemi Kuti
- Art competition
- Afrobics competition
- Tours (organized with FlyBoku)
Commenting on the development, the CEO/Founder of the Felabration Brand; Ms Yeni Kuti said “I am really excited and proud to be associated with the FlyBoku brand. A brand that is notable for providing top notch tourism services and promoting African culture both within Nigeria and globally. I am convinced that FlyBoku team will make the Felabration Tour an adventure that would not be quickly forgotten.”
Also, the Chairman of FlyBoku Mr Abiola Lawal(AKA Mr BOKU) said “I am indeed honored to be associated with the icon Fela Kuti and also the Felabration brand and organizing committee. Just as Bob Marley is to Jamaica and the world; an unforgettable figure, so is Fela Anikulapo Kuti to Nigeria and the world. He meant a lot to all of us which are the reasons Felabration is organized and recognized globally”. Furthermore he says that “with Mr Boku and his team joining force with Felabration, we will continue to tell the story of this great icon to the world.”
To celebrate the Afrobeat Icon, the FLYBOKU team has put together an adventurous Felabration packages for everyone to partake in, which includes:
- Full Day Lagos Tour
- Full Day Abeokuta Tour
- Full week Lagos tour package for international guests
- Full week combo tour (Lagos and Abeokuta) tour package for international guests as well.
In addition, FlyBoku has also declared a special Felabration discounted rate on all of their services during the week. Customers are expected to quote “Boku Felabration” to be eligible for the 5% special discount on their invoice for FlyBoku service exclusively during the Felabration week(October 15th – 21st 2018). The services are:
Mr. Lawal has promised that all attendees of Felabration 2018 will have an unforgettable Adventure experience with Mr. Boku and Felabration.